Today was one of those days where I just felt like I couldn't accomplish anything. Nothing specific holding me back, just 2 kids and taking care of theirs needs, is a time consuming task in and of itself. Every day I make a mental list of all the things I would like to accomplish that day. Most days I am lucky to cross one or two things off my list. By 2pm today, I just felt unaccomplished. I am in a weird napping stage. Clara takes a nap morning and afternoon. Luke naps mid day, so trying to schedule anything is ridiculous since one of them is always napping. Finally, I had gotten Clara down for her afternoon nap. I gave Luke some games, and I was hoping he would entertain himself for a while, so I could catch up on some house work. I was ignoring him.
We have been working with Luke lately to write his letters. He is simply obsessed with letters. He will probably be the small kid in class, but there is no reason he can't be the smart kid in class too. Luke knows all of his letters, and all of their sounds. He can count to 10, and his favorite shapes are octagons and pentagons. He points them out every time he sees one, and reminds us that an octagon has 8 sides and a pentagon has 5 sides. So we figured the next step for Luke would be to learn to write the letters. Then we can teach him to read. He can write some letters, really quite well. Today, while I was hoping Luke would self entertain, I hear him exclaim:
"TA-DA Look mommy, and H!!!!"
"Yeah, I did it!"
Then he clapped for himself. I decided to go check out what he was clapping for. He decided to practice his letter writing, on the furniture. I know I should have scolded him, and reminded him we do not write on furniture, but it was so cute! Here were these perfectly written letters all over my chair. He was so proud, and did not think he did anything wrong. I didn't want to ruin his fun. So now, we will live with his letters for him to admire :)
We are also trying to teach Luke how to write his name. We keep spelling it out L-U-K-E spells Luke! He thinks any group of letters spell Luke. He currently spells his name by writing H-O-H and exclaims that spells Luke. He even says the letters correctly H-O-H and then says "look mommy, that spells Luke!" He is such a cute boy!!!
The BYU duck pond.... never gets old!
No comments:
Post a Comment