Friday, June 22, 2012

confession

 I have a confession to make,
I officially have the cutest kids ever!
Sometimes they don't place nice together, 
and I don't think they are very cute in that moment.
Sometimes, they are absolutely adorable together,
and they laugh at each other,
and sincerely enjoy each others company.

 They both have gorgeous blue eyes,
and Luke his insanely cute long eye lashes.


My next confession is one that I should be embarrassed about.  I used to judge other people so harshly when it seemed to an outsider that they were spoiling their kids way too much.  I spoil my kids WAY too much.  It's just so addicting.  I almost can't help myself.  Do they have spoiling anonymous?
The other day I took my kids to the gas station to buy a treat.  I give Luke money, let him pick out a treat, and he understands to walk up to the cashier and that we need to "buy it."  On this particular occasion, Luke picked out a sucker.  He always says "2 suckers, one for Luke and one for sister."  He can be so thoughtful sometimes!  So we purchased 2 suckers.  I strapped them back into their car seats, and before we even pulled away, I opened their suckers for them.  As we were driving home, they were so quiet both intently enjoying their suckers with the biggest looks of satisfaction on their faces.  In that moment, I was almost giddy, I was so happy to completely spoil them, and then to see how happy they are after wards.  Thus this makes is a vicious cycle!

Every day I take the kids somewhere for entertainment.  We frequent all the "jumping places" around, parks, and even toy stores.  I let them run around and find all kinds of things.  I am such a push over, and will even buy Luke new toys.  New toys should be saved for special occasions like birthdays, Easter baskets or Christmas.  I am the worst parent ever!  I am grateful Gilbert just shakes his head at me, and never says a word.  I think he secretly enjoys the fact that I spoil them, so he doesn't have to.  It's just something about seeing them smile with such satisfaction......

2 comments:

  1. Of course they are the cutest; well, along with a few others we know. In a sense we're glad we're too far away to get in on the spoiling, because we probably couldn't resist them either. But then it's totally ok for grandparents.
    Love to you all,
    Mom and Dad Worle,
    aka Sister and Elder Worle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the spoiling issue. There's nothing better than the feeling you get when your child is happy! I worry sometimes that I'm spoiling Isabelle because she has so much more than I ever did, but hopefully we haven't crossed that line.

    ReplyDelete