This summer has been a happy one so far. It seems the kids have finally reached a stage where they are not constantly fighting every single moment of every single day. We have entire mornings or afternoons where they actually play nice together. When Clara wakes up, she asks "where's Luke?" It's usually the first thing that comes out of her mouth! They kids actually love each other. Who would have ever thought that could happen? They love playing outside, and it seems they love getting into mischief together. Luke wants Clara to play whatever he wants to play, but usually Clara is happy to oblige. Clara just wants to go along with whatever everyone else is doing. She doesn't want to be left behind.
Clara's vocabulary has absolutely blossomed! She completely speaks in full sentences. She understands exactly what you are saying and knows exactly what she wants. She wants to be potty trained so badly, I am just not ready myself. The girl has been self potty training herself since at least 18 months old. She regularly uses the potty, every day, on her on free will. I just need to take a day and make it complete! She loves to read stories and wear "jammas" or she calls it. She doesn't want to wear clothes, only "jammas". I guess my kids are lazy, because all they ever want to wear are p.j.s
Luke has had some funny moments lately too. One I want to remember. One that absolutely melted my heart. He woke up late the other morning. He was mad he woke up after Gilbert had already left for work. So he asked to call daddy on the phone. I didn't tell Luke to say anything. Everything Luke had to say to Gilbert was straight from Luke's heart, and the conversation went like this:
Luke: "Daddy, I need you. I really need you. Can you come home for me? Can you come back for me? I need you to come get me."
The way Luke said it, in such a pleading manner, he was so desperate for his daddy, it almost made me cry. I tried to bribe him with something fun that day to make time with mommy better, but Luke just really wanted his daddy. It was just the cutest thing ever!
Our daddy is loved!
One other funny thing Luke always does is that when someone knocks on the door or rings the door bell, he always exclaims with excitement:
"Oh, it's another customer"
and then he runs for the door to see who it is.
I don't know why I think that is so funny, but I just do!
No comments:
Post a Comment