This little girl is too smart for her own good. There few things I want to remember about her right now. The other day I was helping her pick out some clothes for the day. She picked out her shirt, and I pulled out a pair of pants I thought would match. She looked at me very seriously and said "no mom, that isn't stylish." I couldn't help but giggle. How did she learn that word, let alone use it correctly?
The morning after Halloween, she woke up and proclaimed, "A lot of candy is bad for your teeth, but it's ok, we can just have a little bit. That's not bad for your teeth." I love her reasoning. She is great at bargaining and reasoning things towards her advantage. Every parent knows that you can't make a trip to a store with out your child wanting something. Since Christmas is coming quickly, I started trying to appease her telling her to add it to her Christmas list. She asked what a Christmas list was, and I explained it is all the things we want that we ask Santa Claus for. She quickly caught on to this idea. We walk through stores now and she yells, "oh mom, can we add that to our Christmas list." Or we will be watching a commercial and she will say "I want that on my Christmas list" The other day she very seriously asked me, "Can Santa bring everything on our Christmas list?" I told her that her list was rather lengthy and we can't possibly have everything on our list. To which she replied, "I add it on my Christmas list next year." What a crack up!
There are too many funny one-liners this girl is saying all the time. She comprehends things that amaze me every day. She knows how to spell and write her own name. We are working on sounding out letters to teach her to read. She is feisty and determined to get exactly what she wants. I just love her personality!

No comments:
Post a Comment