Thursday, July 21, 2011

Practice makes Perfect...


There is a pie contest coming up in 2 days that I have been looking forward to all year.
Practice makes perfect, or at least that's what they say....


I have been blessed with 2 grandmas who are excellent cooks.
The pie I decided to do this year, is a combination of 2 grandmas.
I took my crust recipe from one grandma,
and my filling recipe from the other.


First I started with cherries, I canned myself.


Making the filling is the tough part.
I have changed the recipe each time I have made a "practice" pie.
So who knows how it will turn out.


This is only fitting because my grandma never used recipes.
She just always put a little of this and a little of that, and it always seemed to work out.
Every Thanksgiving I always looked forward to cherry pie made from my grandma.
I think it is my most favorite type of pie.


This is what the finished product looks like.


Last year I entered the pie contest on a beginners whim.
With beginners luck, I took 2nd place.
This year I am doing a completely different pie and crust.
I hope it turns out to be another winner!

1 comment: