Saturday, July 23, 2011

Best Day EVER!


This morning, I started out my day by making this pie.
So that we could go to the Provo Pioneer Day Celebrations later,
and enter this pie into the pie contest.


The contenders looked good, there were 2 other cherry pies.
I was nervous, after I dropped off my pie for judging.

The judges consisted of the Provo Mayor, Miss Provo, and a local restaurant owner/chef.
It took some time for them to test and judge each pie.
I stood there and watched them eat a few.
I was excited when I saw the mayor say "wow, that one is good"
after he tasted mine.
Still the competition looked good!

Judging took about an hour, so we entertained Luke by taking him to the petting zoo.
He liked petting the little goats.

Luke thought it was fun to walk around the animals.
Even though the were licking him.

Then we passed the rest of the time at the play ground.
Luke LOVES play grounds.

Luke figured out how to climb up the slide the wrong way.
I guess older kids are great for teaching younger kids things they aren't supposed to do.

While we were playing on the play ground,
I started to get anxious.
Especially when I saw the lady who took first place last year anxiously waiting for the results.
I didn't recognize her pie from last year,
so I figured she must have tried something different this year too.
Last year, we both did apple pies.
She took first, and I took second.


Then it was time for the winners to be announced.
First they announced third place.
I was disappointed when they didn't say my name.

Then they announced second place.
Again, it wasn't my name, and I was sure I didn't win.

Then first place was announced.
I am used to my name getting butchered.
You would think that Worle is easier than Snedigar,
but still my name is never pronounced correctly.

That's ok, I knew who she meant!
IT WAS ME!
I was first place!

The picture above is a fabulous moment,
a 39 week pregnant lady running to the stage!
I was so excited,
I'm sure I looked hilarious!!!


I was so excited to claim my gift basket!
Then I noticed members of my ward in the audience,
they were all cheering for me.

Again, pictures are worth a thousand words,
I couldn't believe I won.
When I didn't hear my name for second or third, I was ready to leave empty handed!


Remember, I am 39+ weeks pregnant in these pictures,
I did not eat too much pie, just waiting for my baby to come,
and now this baby can arrive.
I just wanted to win this pie contest first!


Totally worth it!

The best moment was after wards.
They asked if I would get a picture with the mayor and Miss Provo.

The mayor turned to me and said,
"did you win last year?"
I told him I took second place last year.
He said, "I thought you looked familiar."

Then he said,
"there were a lot of good pies this year, but yours.... yours was great!"
He said it with so much enthusiasm.
That statement made my entire day!
This is my fabulous prize.
It included $50 to PF Changs, and several other gift certificates to random places.
I guess we will be celebrating our anniversary this year at PF Changs!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great day! You have worked hard at practicing making that pie. It is also a neat thing that both grandmas played a part in its creation. The pictures bring tears to my eyes. We are so excited for you! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! When I was at your house I should have had you give me a lesson in pie making...I'd love to be good at that. So happy for you! And it sounds like that day turned out to be great for more reasons too...can't wait to see and hear about your little Clara.

    ReplyDelete