Thursday, July 14, 2011

Due Date

I find it interesting to hear other people's stories and experiences through life. Maybe that is why being a hair dresser is such a great profession for me, because I get to talk to lots of people and everyone is so different! I figured I would share a funny story, that maybe no other pregnant woman has experienced.

I went to my OB appointment on Monday, and everything is going great! I am one of those pregnant people you hate because I don't get sick! I had a funny conversation with my doctor. The conversation went a little something like this:

Doctor: We can schedule you for an induction on Monday if you'd like (nearly 2 weeks early)
Brandi: No thanks, I have plans, I don't mind going to my due date.

Doctor: (with a very confused look on his face) What do you mean you have plans?
Brandi: I am taking swimming lessons with my son for the next two weeks, and I have a pie contest to enter. (I explained more about the pie contest, and how I need to win again this year)

Doctor: We could just have you home before the contest if we did the induction on Monday.
Brandi: No thanks, this baby is easier to deal with inside my tummy than outside.

I am wondering if this was a first for this doctor. He jokingly said he didn't think I was going to make it to my due date, or even next Monday for that matter. Today is Thursday, and I am still here, with no baby. I am TOTALLY ok with that. Like I said I have plans. I'm sure this doctor really thought I was nuts, because what very pregnant lady turns down an early induction?

Which brings me to my next item of business. I know lots of my fabulous hair clients read my blog, and I am going to officially start maternity leave from hair. I don't want to have to call you and cancel because I had my baby early (which the doctor thinks is highly likely)

I will resume hair late August. I will start back with evening and weekend appointments until my baby is a little older. Once my baby is a little older, I will start back up with my day appointments. I just want to do hair while Gilbert is home so he can help with my children!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you had a good laugh! Updates to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment