Saturday July 23, 2011
Was the Provo Pioneer Day Celebration.
I had entered the pie baking contest.
I was determined not to have a baby until after this contest.
When my doctor offered to induce me early, I told him no thanks, I had a pie contest to enter.
He offered to induce me early enough to be home from the hospital before the contest,
I still declined.
I took first place in the pie contest this year.
I was taking congratulatory photos with the mayor at 12:30 pm.
They asked me when my baby was due,
I told them I couldn't have my baby until I won the pie contest.
How ironic she was born just 5 short hours later:
We got home from the Pioneer Day festivities around 1:00 pm.
We put Luke down for his nap, and my contractions started almost immediately there after.
I then quickly realized this baby was coming fast!
very quickly to take Luke for the afternoon and evening.
We made it to the hospital with about 90 minutes to spare
before our beautiful Clara was born.
She was born with some cute chubby cheeks, just like I had hoped for.
Unfortunately she had to spend the first couple of hours of her life in the NICU.
She decided to poop and swallow it, so she had a hard time breathing.
She had to have help breathing and clearing her lungs and stomach.
It was weird to not have her right away.
I was recovering by myself, while Gilbert spent the time with her in the NICU.
We spent the evening with Clara,
and she was one tired little girl from having such a hard time breathing.
The next day we brought Luke to the hospital to meet his new little sister.
I'm not quite sure what he thinks of her, but he likes to call her "baby."
She's a little confused about day vs night,
but hopefully she will figure out that we sleep in the night.
We are just hoping for a baby that gains weight and eats well.
Anything will be an improvement over Luke's eating habits!
So far, she has been easier than Luke,
but we LOVE them both the same.
Congratulations!!! I bet it was the jumping up for joy from winning that put you into labor! Clara is adorable, I hope I get to see you guys in August. Are you going to venture out for the reunion?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Brandi!! You are quite the 'wonder woman' with the whole pie contest AND having Clara shortly after taking home the 1st place prize! You make having a baby, look so easy!!
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous, I loved all your photos in your previous post. Congrats again to you, Gilbert and Luke. Such a cute, happy family!!!
Perfect timing for a perfect baby! She is so beautiful. I am so happy that the feeding is going well. You deserve a break after a tough one. Great work, girlfriend! You all look great.
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been waiting to hear the results.
I was cheering outloud as I read your post, "YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!"
SEriously. That is the best day ever.
Congrats on both.