Tuesday, July 10, 2012

decisions...



6 years ago, we purchased our first home, in Provo.  At the time, we weren't ecstatic to be making our permanent residence in Provo, but the home was great for what we could afford.  We didn't realize what a gem we had stumbled upon.  We later realized we were blessed to buy this Provo home.  We told ourselves that this was simply a starter home.  We said "2-3 years, MAX".

True to our word, we listed our home for sale in 2008.  The goal was always to get into a bigger home.  There were individual spaces we wanted that our current home could not afford us.  For me, it was a salon, and a guest room.  We found the perfect home in American Fork, and even put an offer on it.  We sold our current home in 8 days!  We were under contract, and everything was working out.  We were so excited!  Then things started to seem like it just wasn't the right time for us to make the move.  We would have been giving up our fabulous cul-de-sac, and our wonderful friends and neighbors.  So we knew we needed to stay where we were at for the time being.
 
4 years later, we still were hoping for a larger home, especially with the addition of our sweet Clara.  Why is it that when you have kids, all of a sudden you have so much stuff?  How did we accumulate so much junk!  We were feeling the pinch on space.  In early 2012, we decided to start looking at homes on the market, just out of curiosity.  We liked what we saw, and started our search more seriously.  We just took the approach that if something worked out, then great.  If not, we were ok with that too.  So if it happens, it happens…..
 
One home in Lehi particularly caught our attention.  We decided to put an offer on it.  Our offer was accepted.....this meant we were under contract and moving in 30 days!  WOW!!!  We were so excited at first, and then it started to really sink in......

Moving is not something anyone looks forward to.  When you start thinking about all the logistics of it, it is A LOT of work, and when I say a lot of work, I really mean a lot of work for Gilbert.  Then you start thinking about all your friends, neighbors, and ward family.  We have loved our quiet cul-de-sac, and will miss this area and our time spent in Provo.  That is why this is bitter sweet.  It’s scary to move to a new place, and have new neighbors, especially when you are leaving such great ones behind.

Then I thought about all my fabulous clients.  I have so many that I absolutely adore.  I look forward to doing hair.  I look forward to chatting and helping my clients feel beautiful.  I will miss so many of them!  I have gotten to know so many people, and about their lives by doing hair.  That is why I love doing hair so much!  I'm assuming Lehi is too far to drive for most, but I would love to continue being your #1 hair dresser!

It still came down to the fact that we felt it was a great time for our family to make a change.  We've all been there, sometimes you just need something different, and it wasn't about anything else. We are excited to have more space, and we are excited for what Lehi will offer us.  We have decided to rent out our current home, and found that the rental market is great for the time being.  We were lucky to find a wonderful family to rent out our home to!  We are looking forward to being landlords, and I am sure we will learn so much!

So it is our big decision.....we are moving to Lehi!  I hope our new neighborhood and new ward family will be every bit as wonderful as the one we are leaving behind.  It helps that we already know one family in the neighborhood, and are looking forward to making new friends.  July will be a crazy month packing and moving, but Lehi here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment