Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Cowboy Birthday Party

 Luke has been so excited to have a birthday party, we have been planning this party for months.  Luke decided he wanted a cowboy birthday party.  I'm not sure why, but that's what he wanted.  Luke's list of people he wanted to invite was lengthy.  Luke has always thought everyone was his friend.  We knew we wanted to make it a big event, so here's how it turned out.

 We couldn't have asked for better weather on a Saturday afternoon for October.  We planned the party for an outside event.  We started looking up pictures online and I let Luke pick out the things he liked best.  That's how we determined the events we would do for his party.

 We started by having the kids pan for gold, in true cowboy fashion.  I think the kids enjoyed this station the most.  We simply spray painted tiny rocks with metallic gold paint.  I sewed little bags for each kid to keep all their gold in.


 After the kids found their gold, they were able to come to the trading post and buy their cowboy attire.  Which included their cowboy hats, bandana, and sheriff badge.  I think the kids really liked to get all dressed up too. 

 We played pin the badge on the sheriff.


 Here's our shootin' gallery with mini marshmallow guns.  The kids lacked the lung power to really shoot the marshmallows far.  I hope they enjoyed trying.



 Next we lassoed our bulls with hulla hoops.

After a while we had to take a break for snacks and sarsaparilla. 

 Then came time to open presents.  Which ended up being total chaos.  Luke was ripping into presents and the kids were so excited to hand Luke the gifts they brought.  I don't know who was more excited.  The kids were excited to give the gifts, and Luke was excited to open them.  It was just a circle of excitement. 
 Then we made one last trip to the trading post to buy our horses.  We went out to the park to have a horse race.  I think the kids really had fun running around on their horses. 


 It was a wild 2 hours for a party, but to hear Luke keep saying "this is the best birthday party ever" makes it totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment