The other morning the kids were playing happily together in Clara's room. They were building legos, and laughing at each other. For a moment, I just blocked out the noise, and was just happy that it wasn't fighting. Then it hit me, I needed to be grateful and appreciate this moment. Instead of going about my day and trying to get things done while they were happily playing, I decided I should join them in their happiness. They are always asking me to play with them, and why don't I play with them more often? Taking time to enjoy these happy moments should be higher on my priority moments. I have happy kids. I have EXTREMELY happy kids. The other night Luke was making up games for us to play as a family. It was hilarious. I was also very tired which made me giggle a little more. He was totally putting on a show, and I was very much enjoying it. After a few minutes, he came over and whispered into my ear "I like making you laugh mommy." Talk about a melt my heart moment. My son likes to make me laugh. So spending time, happy time with my kids should definitely move up my priority list. I hired a new babysitter while I go to school this semester. When I was introducing they way I run my household, she responded "you are funny". I think she likes the way I run things. I pretty much told her we don't have a lot of rules other than don't kill each other. The goal is to have fun. Maybe that is why I have happy kids? Everyday their creativity surprises me. The things they come up with, or the things they say. They are true characters. I love that they are best friends, most of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment