Saturday, February 15, 2014

February

Where does the time go?  Every day you wake up and it seems like its the same old thing, only life keeps going faster and faster.  I wish I had a pause button so I could slow everything down.  My kids are in such an enjoyable stage of life right now.  We laugh everyday, and I love it.  Too often we hurry to the next thing, and I need to stop!  I want to take more time to just play.  We are already half way through February and I can't believe it.  Another birthday come and gone- 29 again! Wa-hoo!!
The other day I sat and played card games with my kids for over an hour.  It was probably the best hour of my week.  Luke was totally cheating, but I loved it!  They thought it was great.  Too often they ask me to play with them, and I'll respond to them that I need to finish whatever I am doing at the moment first.  What a bad response!  They are growing up right before my eyes.  Sometimes I don't even know where Clara came from.  She is a teenager already.  She is sassy and full of drama.  She is also very intelligent and you cannot pull anything over on her.  She knows what she wants, and she gets her feelings hurt easily.  She likes to be cuddled and soothed, so I appreciate that she is still my cuddly little girl.

We just finished up two weeks of swimming lessons, and I have been one proud mama.  Luke has always been a little scared of the water.  Clara has always been one fearless little girl.  Luke needed lessons to help him be more familiar with the water.  The other kids in his group all had goggles, and Luke did not.  I love how at this age, kids don't notice all these differences, but Luke certainly wanted some.  Finally for the last couple of days of swimming lessons, we got the kids goggles of their own.  They were worth every penny, because the way it changed their personalities in the water was priceless.  Clara put hers on and looked at things under water in 2 inches of water.  I thought that was hilarious.  She spent her time looking at her toes in mere inches of water.  Luke however, was a whole new person.  He was able to put his head under water, when he was too scared to before.  Maybe he just didn't like the water in his eyes, but he had so much fun!  It's amazing was the little things will do for your kids.  The kids absolutely love the pool now and want to go swimming all the time.  Clara looks like a total goof ball in her goggles, but is fearless going down slides and jumping in.

These two goof balls are also becoming the best of friends more and more every day.  There is less and less fighting all the time.  Mostly when Clara decides to be less drama-ful, the kids get along great.  Clara is happy to go along with Luke's plans and devious intentions for the day.  I hear them whispering and laughing in secret hiding spots.  They build forts together.  They play make believe.  They take turns even sometimes.  They are proud when they share and boast about it to me.  They can reach and hold hands in the car and often want their picture taken because they are being "nice" so we try to celebrate the happy moments.  We talk about trying to be happy and nice all the time, so when those moments come, we take notice and celebrate!  Most of the time I feel very blessed to have two of the happiest kids ever.  Generally they are creative and funny, and keep me on my toes.  I love that we smile and laugh every day and I'm grateful for these two goof balls!  If only we could figure out a way to keep them this way forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment