The warm perfect sunny days of spring are coming, and those are the days we live for. It's moments that happen like this that I need to cherish more often. Luke and Clara have the potential to be the best of friends. The have the wildest imaginations sometimes, and can be the silliest kids on this planet. Playing outside is best. After being couped up inside all winter, we welcome the chance to play in the sun!
Some days these kids can drive me absolutely bonkers. But it's these little moments like this I want to remember more. We have lots of happy moments and funny times throughout our days. We are working on taking turns and developing manners. It sure is hard to teach kids lessons and consequences these days. I let Clara scream throughout the grocery store last week because I was trying to teach her a lesson. It was her consequence. When she realized at the checkout that she wasn't going to get the candy they provide for kids, she had an absolute meltdown. I explained to her these are consequences. I hope this imprints on her 2 year old mind. I am realizing that teaching your kids a lesson it usually harder on the parent than the kid. Like dealing with her meltdown was probably harder for me than for her. The stares people gave me, made me feel like I probably should have been embarrassed, but truthfully I wasn't. I hope me kids learn to have manners soon!
We are also potty training Clara. She is much older than Luke was, but she is more than ready. She is just lazy. She is sassy, and we just magically ran out of diapers so it was necessary for her to start using the toilet. Guess what, it worked! When there weren't any more diapers around, she started using the toilet, imagine that! Clara has a silly personality sometimes, and often I just shake my head at her. She flashes her cheesy grin at you and she thinks she can get away with anything with that cute smile. She is cunning, and knows exactly what she is doing.



No comments:
Post a Comment