Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Gratitude

The other day Luke was playing with a group of friends.  I was chatting with another mom, and during that time her child got hit.  Without knowing who the offender was, we went to investigate.  After she asked some of the kids a couple of questions trying to figure out what had happened, I asked her if it was my son who had hit her child.  In passing, she paid me a compliment, probably without realizing it.  She mentioned that it couldn't have been, and actually wasn't my Luke because I have "good kids" and Luke is such a nice kid.   She really meant it too.  That statement really made my day.  What a nice thing for her to say, and it made me feel so good that she would think that.  Every day as a mom, my days are filled with little battles adding up trying to win the war on training your child.  I guess in the end I'm hoping it adds up to training my child to be well-behaved and happy.  I would like to think that I have well behaved children, but at the end of most days I have my doubts.  Today I am grateful for my tender-hearted Luke.  I was laughing with another friend the other day about the stress of trying to teach your child to be reverent, or to sit and listen.  She joked as she said she would like to shake them to attention to be quiet.  I said I just ignore my kids and try to set a good example hoping that one day my good example will set in.  Today as I dropped off Luke to preschool, I guess he's so used to me saying "be good and listen" before I had a chance to say anything he said "I won't goof off mom." I giggled to myself because he said it so seriously.  What a cute kids he is, because then he topped it off with "give me a high-five mom" Then he was off to conquer preschool.  I guess I know that he listens sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. That comment was well deserved. You are an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete