We celebrated another happy Easter morning this year. Luke and Clara are at the funnest age to celebrate. Luke has been counting down the days all week till Easter. Every day he woke up and asked how many more days until Easter. This morning he was so excited that the Easter bunny had secretly hopped into our house and left him a basketful of goodies.
Clara is ever a character. She is always full of ideas, and blossoming with energy. This year we went to a farm for an egg hunt and spent some time in the petting zoo, and pony rides. Clara is quite the dare devil. She wants to try everything, and will not back down from a challenge. She sees no difference between her and Luke. Anything Luke can do, she thinks she can do, and she thinks she can do it better. She is very determined to be treated the same in every way.
Luke is also very competitive. So what do you do with two very competitive kids? There are lots of conversations I hear that go something like "I'm bigger and I'm better" Sometimes that's a bit concerning, but maybe competition is good. It encourages them to try harder, or at least it does for the time being. Luke is my happy kid. He always has friends, and he is always laughing. He is such a likeable kid, and I like that a lot.
This Easter I have so much to be grateful for. These two cute kiddos, and the big kid in the middle is the best of all. These kids were so excited to color eggs. We let them each do a dozen, and they still wanted more. I don't understand why coloring eggs is so fun, but it just is!




No comments:
Post a Comment