Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scaredy Cat



Today someone asked me how old my daughter was!?!

I don't think I should take offense, but he is always wearing blue, green and brown. I admit that brown is a unisex color, but does this cutie look like a girl?

I think we have a scaredy cat for a child. He doesn't like being alone. I don't know what else can explain his recent sleeping patterns.

Lately, he wakes up every hour all through the night. I don't have the heart to let him cry. I am just not one of those mothers. I can't let him sit in his crib crying and shut the door and walk away. It breaks my heart. It works for a lot of people, but I am just not to that point.

Everyone told us, that the 3 month mark is magical, and that's when they start sleeping better. We are almost at 6 months, and we are lucky to get 4-5 hours of sleep each night. He just doesn't sleep! He has too much energy and has inherited his daddy's restless leg syndrome!

If I hold him, he falls right to sleep. We try to take naps together in the afternoons, and I think I have him used to sleeping with mommy. He knows how to get me to do what he wants I guess.

Gilbert spends his evenings walking around the house with Luke. Luke LOVES it. He knows that daddy does what he wants too. Which includes spending lots of time in front of the mirror and playing with the cords on the blinds. Luke just gets the biggest, most content grin on his face when daddy holds him in the evenings.

Luke is getting really good at eating baby foods. This picture is what happens when daddy is feeding him. I think more gets on his face than in his mouth. It's also helping the acid reflux. He doesn't throw up as much, but when he does throw up it is sometimes carrot colored which means carrot throw up stains on our carpet. So next time you come to my house, don't look too closely. We will get the carpets cleaned some day.

We still love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment