Friday, November 18, 2011

Love Me More

Last night I decided to ask Luke a question that no one should ask their kid.
I asked Luke, "who do you love more, mommy or daddy?"
He did not hesitate in his answer and quickly pointed to daddy and said "daddy."
I thought this was a mistake, so I asked him again.
The answer remained the same.
So I asked him again, and again, and again.
I asked him at least 10 times hoping he would change his answer.
Every time he pointed to daddy immediately, and said, "daddy."
Then about a minute passed,
and I was the saddest mom in the world.
To pour salt on a wound,
Luke got up on the couch,
sat right next to Gilbert,
and gave him kisses on his cheek.
Gilbert was gloating!
Seriously, aren't mom's supposed to be the favorite here?

2 comments:

  1. A two year old doesn't know the difference. The only thing that will matter is who he goes to when he is sick, or doesn't feel well, or after he hurts himself. That's when you will really know. That's when a two year old understands what love is. I'm just a playmate he gets to see for a couple of hours a day.

    ReplyDelete