Monday, February 6, 2012

First Dentist Appointment

 Today was Luke's first dentist appointment.
All morning, I told him we were going to go to the dentist,
and he was going to look at his teeth.
Luke kept saying, "ok, go to the dentist, teeth."
He was all about going to the dentist.
The above photo was right before we went in,
he was still excited because he didn't really understand what this was all about.

 They sat him up in the chair,
and he performed what we call "closing up shop"
We used to use this term a lot when Luke was younger.
He would never eat anything, and just hold his jaw shut tight.
We called this "closing up shop"
because that is exactly what he did.


 The dental assistants had to pry his mouth open to get him to take x-rays.
They were laughing at how good he was at holding his mouth shut!
I was laughing too, because I expected this.

 Finally we got Luke to open his mouth.
We took some x-rays,
which showed that Luke has GREAT teeth!
This was good news, because I could hear the patient next to us,
the mom was getting some very bad news, 
her toddler's teeth were not in great shape.
They needed caps, and after her insurance, she would still owe $1000-1200!
YIKES!
I'm glad the dentist gave us a clean bill of health.
He said that Luke's teeth look like they have good enamel on them,
which is good, because I never feel like we are adequately brushing his teeth.

This was the waiting room,
they are obviously geared towards kids!
There were several other kids in the waiting room,
so why is it that my child is the only one running around like crazy?
All the other kids sat by their moms and waited patiently.
Luke was running around saying "come on, come on"
as if to entice all the other kids to run around with him.
First dentist appointment = SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment