Every night we have a routine for our kids.
Every night this includes bath time.
My kids LOVE bath time.
Luke will stay until he is a prune,
or the water runs cold.
This is my view-
I was sitting on the floor next to the bath,
and looked up to see these two cuties.
In that moment,
I realized....
nothing else matters.
Nothing else is as important as spending quality time with my little prince and princess.
I have 1 major flaw about myself,
that I absolutely resent!
I am a guilty person.
It doesn't matter what it is,
or if it even has anything to do with me,
I feel guilty.
You can ask me to do anything,
and I will, simply out of guilt.
Not because I am a nice person
(secret: I am NOT a nice person)
I only do things out of guilt.
I need to learn how to say one simple two-letter word:
"NO"
I will start saying no more often because it is taking away from these 2 cuties(pictured above).
Another thing:
We live in a world of connectivity. I was so delighted when I got my smart phone, about a year ago. I know everyone else had one before me, but I finally got one. I loved reading the news and looking at my blog 10 times a day. I felt a new "connection" with the world. I am now realizing that it is not good to always be connected. I don't want to read every email the second it arrives, or respond to every text with in seconds. It is taking away from what is really important in life. I don't want to be able to be reached 24-7. Let's be honest, most of us sleep with our phones only inches away! As I said before, I am a guilty person. So if I hear that notification sound from my phone come through, I feel guilty immediately knowing I probably need to respond. I have thought several times about shutting off my phone completely. This way I won't even be aware of something that may need my attention. There will always be the good and the bad with new technology, and I think being constantly connected is not always a good thing.
I agree!! I struggle finding the balance between needing to talk to people and then not wanting to be found. I hear ya on that one...
ReplyDeleteAnd you ARE nice. Although I am wondering how much I have guilted you into... :)