Clara is trying so hard to be a big girl lately.
She is so capable for a barely 18 month old little girl.
She speaks a lot of the time in complete sentences!
I'm amazed every day at what this girl says.
She understands and can communicate very well!
Clara just idolizes Luke.
She tries to do everything he does.
Sometimes Luke makes a game out of it, just to watch Clara mimic him.
Clara is stubborn, dramatic, and adament.
She knows what she wants, and she will figure out a way to accomplish any task.
She will throw a fit over anything to try and get her way.
She is also sweet, and cuddly.
She likes to give kisses and hugs, and always wants to be near.
Clara had her first Sunday in nursery.
She was glad to go play with other kids and toys.
She didn't seem to struggle at all, which is what we expected out of this independent little girl.
One of the benefits to Clara always wanting to follow in Luke's foot steps is potty training.
For a while, she has seemed obsessed with watching everyone use the potty.
She figured out that when Luke wanted us to take him to the bathroom,
he would come say "I need to go potty."
All of a sudden Clara started saying that same thing to us.
Just one of the many whole sentences she uses.
I didn't take her seriously at first.
One day, she was insistent.
She grabbed my hand, and she made me follow her into the bathroom.
So I gave it a try, I let her sit on the potty.
Would you know it- she actually used the potty.
She wasn't kidding!
I couldn't believe it, Luke basically potty trained himself too,
but he was 26 months, when I finally gave in and took the time to potty train him completely.
Clara is BARELY 18 months.
She has refused to wear diapers, she kept trying to put on Luke's underwear instead.
She would say "no diapers, underwear!"
So I gave in, bought her some pretty pink Dora panties :)
For now, we wear underwear over diapers, it's what she will agree to.
I'm just not ready to put forth a full day of potty training.
Let's be honest, sometimes diapers are just easier.
Having a newly potty trained child means making errands short,
or always knowing where the closest bathroom is.
It means going to bathroom right before you leave,
and as soon as you get home to prevent any accidents.
However, this little girl is determined to be a little girl no more!
No comments:
Post a Comment