Sunday, March 24, 2013

Time???

Life just seems to keep going faster and faster.  I used to never forget things, and I was on top of it and organized.  Lately I write myself grocery lists, and manage to forget half of the items on my list at the store.  Who does that?  We are in a difficult stage where our kids are simply demanding.  They demand our time and constant attention.  They are expensive, and I think they only get more and more expensive as life goes on.  
My new years resolution was to have date night once a month...that's just not happening.  Lately life seems over scheduled.  I think about simplifying, but I can't decide on what to cut out.  The weather has warmed up, which seems to make things more cheery.  The kids and I have been spending more time outside to soak up some vitamin D.  I love that Luke walks up to every kids he sees, no matter who they are, and immediately thinks they are his friend.  Maybe that's why so many of the other mom's of preschool kids say their kids talk about Luke constantly.  Luke is very friendly and wants to associate with everyone.  
We have the communintiy party just steps out our back door.  Whenever Luke looks out the window and sees other kids playing he always says "Look mommy, there's my friends"  Then he wants to go out and play even though some of those kids he has never met before. He immediately walks up to the kids playing basketball and thinks he is now in the game with them.  It breaks my heart when they ignore him, but at the same time I am so proud of Luke for just going along with anything.
Luke is becoming a bigger and bigger sponge.  That kid is noticing and remembering everything.  He asks what we are doing everyday, or more likely he tells me what we should do for the day.  His list usually includes going to the jumping place, the gas station for candy, or to the park, or sometimes all of the above answers.  He loves friends, and recalls specific friends that he wants to go play with.  We bought Luke some sunglasses for the summer, and he loves them.  He thinks he needs them to ride in the car, and he takes them out to the play ground.  He takes them everywhere and wears them all the time.  I don't know why I find that so hilarious.
Luke is learning so much in preschool.  They must have a lot of singing time, because Luke will start singing songs I haven't sung since I was a child.  It's so cute to see him learn.  I think he is popular with the ladies in preschool simply because he is a happy kid.  He is always laughing or trying to goof off to make himself and others laugh.  He told us a knock knock joke the other day.  It went something like this:
Luke: knock knock
me: who's there
Luke: It's me, Luke!
and then he started laughing like that was the funniest thing ever.  Such a silly kid!

Clara is super independent.  She is always exclaiming "I do it!" meaning she doesn't want help...she thinks she can do everything by herself.  She loves to dress and undress herself.  She is constantly taking off her clothes, so its a good thing the weather is warming up!  Clara loves lots of things, mostly purple and shoes.  Can you believe she has a preference on what she wears?  This little girl has attitude, and she doesn't like her hair done.  One of the cutest thing she currently does is, every time we pull into the drive way she says "we're home" and she excited to be home.
She still scowls like you would not expect a little girl to scowl.  She's got some looks to kill.  It is very evident how she feels, and she lets everyone know it.  Some of her other favorites right now include orange juice and cheeseburgers.  She REALLY likes cheeseburgers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment