Luke is turning out to be quite the ladies man. He is becoming more and more social every day. I find it hilarious that he will strike up a conversation with just about anyone anywhere. When we go to the grocery store, Luke will walk up to other mom's shopping, or the grocery store employees and tell them just about anything. Sometimes he tells this "this is my mommy, and this is my Clara" or other times he tells them stories about dinosaurs and monkeys. It's always a surprise what he will say.
A funny story about preschool: Luke had a preschool field trip last week to the bowling alley. They were putting about 4-5 kids per lane. Luke has a crush on a girl named Abbie. I think the crush is mutual, maybe a little more for Luke than Abbie. There is another girl in Luke's preschool class named Addie. Addie is completely in love with Luke. She just follows him everywhere, but is quite a bossy little girl, so she like to tell Luke what to do. Luke doesn't care so much for her, but has a hard time avoiding her since she is totally smitten by Luke. Addie HAD to be on Luke's lane. I'm not sure if Luke understands the difference of D and B in their names, but he only pronounces Abbie. So he calls Addie, Abbie. Addie looks past this small mistake, and she told me that its ok that he calls her Abbie. Luke really was looking for Abbie, because Luke wanted to be on her lane. Its a hilarious little love triangle. There were some other kids fighting over who got to be on Luke's lane. Some of the other little girls aren't as forward as Addie, so Addie gets the most face time with Luke since she is so willing to seek him out. I just think it is hilarious that at least half of the other mom's in Luke's preschool have told me repeatedly that all their kids talk about is "LUKE" I'm pretty sure its because he is the goof off, so the funny one is more memorable.
Luke has also been into talking on the phone lately. He lists off relatives he would like to call everyday. Mostly he wants to call Uncle Sterling and grandma. I guess those are the ones most willing to listen to him. I think its funny that he will go get things and hold them up to tell the person on the phone about them, as if they can see what he is holding up. I don't know if he quite understands the concept of talking on the phone. I guess he is just becoming a regular little social bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment