The Ringling Bros. Circus is in town, and we took the kids. I actually won 4 tickets to the circus, which is quite frankly amazing. I never win anything! I entered a random giveaway on a coupon blog I follow, and won these fabulous seats. I wanted to take the kids to the circus, but tickets are $27+ each, so I simply didn't want to pay that much money for something I wasn't sure that Clara would sit through. Well I am excited to say, that we had an amazing time. Just as Ringling Bros. promises, it is an amazing show. It's also a 3 hour show! So you get what you pay for. In fact, after we left, I was thinking I would certainly pay $27 for those seats again if needed. Luke loved every minute of it!
As we were leaving I asked Luke what his favorite part was. First he started listing off all the yummy snacks we bought him including popcorn and cotton candy. What a silly boy! The event was held in the energy solutions arena downtown Salt Lake, and as soon as you walk in the doors you are over loaded with circus everything! It's flashing lights and colorful everything. Parents are bombarded with trinkets and toys for kids to beg for! As soon as we found our seats, there was a pre-show going on where the elephants were doing tricks with large beach balls. Right away we were intrigued and entertained. I've never been to the circus before, and even I thought it was amazing.
My favorite part had to of been the tigers. It was a cage of 20 tigers, and one very brave man. He would line them up and different ones would do tricks. He would have them do basic tricks like a dog would do, but still, they are wild tigers! He even danced with one! There were Elephants who stood on one leg, and trapeze artists doing amazing tricks. There were people on unicycles and gymnasts, and crazy cool body contortionists. Luke was clapping and wahoo-ing the whole time. It made me smile just to watch Luke in awe as he watched the crazy show in front of him. Clara had a hard time paying attention the whole time, but still, the circus was entirely awesome.
Our kids are completely spoiled, and don't even realize how great they have it. It was so fun to take them to such a fun event. Of course as soon we got to the car, they were already asking for something else! It would have been fun to go to the circus even without the kids. I was thoroughly entertained myself! I'm so glad we won the tickets!



No comments:
Post a Comment