Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hooray 10 Years!

 We just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, and decided to take the kids to the beach.  It wasn't the fabulous California version of the beach, but it was a beach, and the kids loved it.  We had fun at the beautiful Bear Lake.  It was over cast every day, but the kids don't know any different.  They loved feeling the sand in between their toes, and shoveling sand in the water.  We stayed in a motel that was just steps away from the beach.  So the kids got to play in the sand for 3 days.  

 It was fabulous to take our very first vacation just for our very own family.  We got to do every thing on kid time.  We did things when the kids wanted to.  They were spoiled rotten.  We went back and forth from the beach to the hot tub.  The motel we stayed in also had a swimming pool and a hot tub.  We left to get lunch or snacks, and then came back to the sand.  We played till dark, and were out on the beach at first light again.  The kids enjoyed burying each other in the sand too.

 It was simply a perfect vacation.  I'm not sure how I imagined 10 years of marriage looking like, but this is a great version of it.  Even though our kids are wild and crazy, they are perfect for us!  I feel like some days our lives are so crazy and busy, then other days I feel like we live such a simple life.  Even writing that sentence, that doesn't seem possible, but I am so grateful for my family.  Every night when the quiet moments come, I feel nothing but gratitude for my beautiful children and the peace and meaning they bring in to our lives.

  One of the best parts of the trip was Luke's excitement about going to the beach.  He thinks it was the greatest thing ever.  He says "this is the best day ever!"  He was so excited to go the beach and asks when we can go back nearly every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment