Kids say the darndest things! In our short car rides around town we have had the funniest conversations. The other day after I picked up Luke from preschool he was a little sad. He asked me if Valentine's day was over. I explained to him that it was over, but we had St. Patrick's Day to look forward to. After a quiet moment of contemplation he replied:
"Can we have a Sponge Bob Day and a Squid Word Day too?"
After I realized he thought I said "Patrick's" day as in the cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants, and we would be celebrating a day for each character in the cartoon, I quietly laughed to myself and replied "you bet"! His cheerful mood returned, and he was no longer sad that Valentine's Day was over. I don't think he has a particular sweetheart, he just likes to party! What a silly boy!
Clara also has been full on one liners lately. I caught her sneaking into the garage to get into the car and steal some gum out of the car. After I found her, and found wrappers for 5 sticks of gum. I just looked at her for a moment to see what she had to say for herself. She slyly replied, "Sooooo....I got gum in my tummy." Like it was no big deal that she had just stolen and chewed and then swallowed 5 sticks of gum. It was very matter of fact, and she was happy.
She also has come up to me and she "you're the best mom I got mommy!" Where she came up with that, I don't know, but sometimes she says the silliest things! After I have painted my toe nails, she always notices and responds, "Whoa mommy, I LOVE your finger nails! They are so pretty!"
It's hard not to just laugh at these kiddos every day!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment