
This picture is high lighting Luke's cowlick.
It's exactly the same cowlick that Gilbert has.
I would know, I am his hair dresser.
Luke also has the EXACT same hair line.
It's higher up on the right side than on the left.
Again, just like his daddy.
These pictures might not show it very well, but I gave Luke his first hair cut today.
If you can't tell, no worries, neither could Gilbert.
Most people are really sentimental about this event, but I'm just not a sentimental person. I remember working in the salon, and when people would bring in their babies for their first hair cuts, sometimes they would cry because they were cutting off their "baby curls"
In some cultures its customary to shave the babies head on their first birthday no matter what their gender is. In other cultures it's customary to leave a tail and you grow that out and then cut it at other milestones in the child's life. I learned about all kinds of cutting customs when I worked in a salon. One of the hardest hair cuts for me was when a mother, of a different culture, brought her 1 year old daughter in on her first birthday and had me shave her beautiful baby curls off! (in my opinion, she looked like a boy)
Luke just had this one tuft of hair. It seems to be the only hair that has grown on his whole head.
It always stood up and it just looked silly. Especially when the other hair on his head wasn't growing. It took one cut, literally, only one cut with the scissors to cut it off. So technically it counts as his first hair cut even though it was just one little piece that needed to be cut. Maybe its just not that big of a deal to me because I cut hair all the time. I think it just made him even more handsome!
Oh no, Pete has a horrible cowlick on the front of his head too.... But you can't tell when his hair is long. That means if your little Luke has it, most likely my future baby will have it!! By the way Luke is sooo cute!
ReplyDelete