We're in the process of teaching Luke "no" or teaching him things that he shouldn't be doing.
You may think that 9 months is too young to teach this, but I would beg to differ.
I KNOW he knows what we're saying if we say "no Luke" or "we don't do that"
or if we simply shake our head "no".
I know he knows this because he shakes his head back to us
when he doesn't want to do something.
For instance, I let Luke roam around the bathroom while I am blow drying my hair.
I let him explore and open all cupboards and drawers except for one.
It houses the cleaning supplies(which I should just move)
Luke will always go straight for the cupboard he knows he is not supposed to open.
I know he understands that I don't want him in that cupboard,
and that's why its always the first one he goes for.
The next thing he knows he is NOT supposed to touch is this plant.
He will do this until he hears me coming.
So as soon as I turn the corner and step into the room, he just looks at me.
This is how I know that he knows he is not supposed to touch this plant.
The next hurdle to jump will be getting him to understand consequences.
How do you teach a 9 month old that there are consequences
for doing things you aren't supposed to?
And so the journey begins......
No comments:
Post a Comment