Friday, October 1, 2010

Luke Lately....


We took a trip to AZ for Labor Day Weekend.
I think it was the absolute 3 worst nights of our lives.
Luke would NOT sleep.
He wouldn't nap.
It was terrible!
We came back zombies from our "vacation" in need of another vacation.

Ever since we came back from that vacation, Luke decided that sleep was a good thing.
Most nights, Luke will sleep 11 hours with out waking up, or a brief waking and he will roll over and go back to sleep on his own. We have been very grateful for this change in Luke. There have been a few nights where Gilbert and I have got 8 SOLID hours of sleep with NO night wakings on ours or Luke's part. Sleep is the best thing ever. I have no shame in going to bed early, in fact I love it!
Luke has generally been a happy baby. Ever since he has been sleeping better, he has been even happier. I love it when strangers make comments to me about how happy my baby is. They can see it! I love taking him shopping, and almost every single shopping trip brings another unsolicited comment about my happy baby. He is definitely social, and he certainly a social laugher. If he hears anyone laughing, he joins right in! So adorable!



Luke also loves movies. We have a very small selection of educational DVDs.
I think Luke enjoys these movies, mostly because they sing fun songs.
Its great to be able to get Luke to sit down and hold still for a few minutes.
Luke is EXTREMELY busy, and always looking for the next thing to destroy.
I call him the demolish man. I ask him if there is anything he doesn't want to destroy.
He is very quick. He likes to be chased, so he crawls away quickly, hoping to be pursued.
He thinks its just funny and laughs at me constantly.

We also decided to try out the Halloween Cruise down the Provo River.
We took along my sister and mom for the scary ride.


Luke wasn't excited about waiting for the cruise to start.
He is not a very patient little boy.



Once we got on the boat, Luke seemed fascinated with the water.
He did NOT like the life jacket he had to wear.
The Pirates on the boat were entertaining too.
Luke and I sat at the very front of the boat,
so we had the best view of all the lighted pumpkins.


It was Luke's first cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment