That is not unusual.
I woke up to these on the counter.
It was a nice surprise.
Usually, I am indifferent towards flowers.
First I think they are expensive, and they just die in a few days anyway.
However, they are beautiful, and can brighten up your day.
These are beautiful.
Gilbert took the whole day off for my birthday.
He had events planned for the entire day.
Most of which revolved around an independent 1 year old.
Luke liked it for about 10 minutes.
The rest of the time he just wants to run free.
(side story)
He likes to run free so much that people in stores remember me.
I like to go to stores right when they open, there is less traffic that way,
and I can let Luke run around and get all his wiggles out.
I frequent the fabric stores, and all the ladies know and remember me by
"my helper"
What they really mean, is "my demolisher"
I can to catch him before he destroys every display
so apparently that is quite memorable.
Our second stop was lunch.
The Macaroni Grill.
It was delicious.
This was us walking into the Macaroni Grill.
Luke was hungry and impatient after story time.
After lunch, our next stop was Trafalga.
We played video games.
My favorite of course was Deal or No Deal.
The first time, I didn't make such a great deal.
The second time, I did make a GREAT deal.
Won lots of tickets, so I could buy Luke a worthless toy with the tickets.
Then we played Mini-Golf:
It was black light mini-golf.
Luke was having fun chasing the glow in the dark balls.
Of course, he would pick up our balls before we were done putting,
so its questionable who actually won.
Luke has the most fun just running around,
and of course there was a water feature in the middle that he just couldn't stay away from.
Luckily we kept him dry the whole time.
Our next stop was the Bean Museum on BYU campus.
We never knew this existed until a few days ago.
Why we ever waster our time taking Luke to Cabellas is now a mystery.
I love ice cream, and especially good ice cream!
By the time we got home, it was a day full of adventure and Luke was tired!
In the end Gilbert deserves some props for the day.
He had everything planned out and they were all activities we could take Luke along.
I'm not such a fan of getting babysitters.
I was a fun day!
So glad you had such a good birthday. You deserve it! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI did not know it was your birthday. how dare facebook let me down like that. I am so glad it was a good one though!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed on many levels. First Gilbert is pretty amazing. Second that Luke held up so well for all that- sounds like a busy day. And you- you look amazing and are so great! I hope your day made you feel special. I love ya girl.
ReplyDelete