Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-Day Part 2

Luke and I are early risers. You could call us morning people if you wanted to.
I generally wake up around 5 am, without an alarm, and I am just awake.
I love it! Morning is totally the best time of day!
Luke wakes up anywhere between 5 am - 6 am and he is awake also.
He is ready to play!
We came downstairs Valentine's Morning and found this surprise!
Luke didn't know what to think at first.

He quickly realized this was going to be fun, whatever it was.

Many of the hearts were hanging down, well within Luke's grasp,
but he decided to crawl up on the couch and see if he could reach some of the higher ones.
Which he did.
He definitely enjoyed pulling these down.
It took Gilbert hours after we went to bed to hang these all up,
and Luke a matter of minutes to rip them all down!
The effort and thoughtfulness put in by Gilbert, was not unnoticed by me though.
Each heart listed another reason why he loves me, just so I wouldn't forget!

For lunch, Luke and I decided to have a picnic.
We picked up Gilbert and went to the park.
Luke decided it would be more fun to play than to eat, what kid wouldn't?
We spent the hour crawling around in the wood chips and going down the slide together.






For another surprise, Luke and I decided to fill Gilbert's car with balloons.
Really the balloons were more for Luke than for Gilbert, so when Gilbert got home and brought in the balloons, it was nothing but smiles for Luke.

He kept running back and forth dragging the balloons behind him.
This is why balloons were totally worth it!


Valentine's Day this year, was fun!

1 comment:

  1. How fun. You've got an impressive husband, but you seem to match him well. Balloons are a great entertainer. The grocery store here gives the kids one when you check out. "OON" (i.e., balloon) has been one of the first words each of my girls has said as a result.

    ReplyDelete