Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Early Valentine's Day

We decided to get a baby sitter for the second time!
We went out to dinner at Tepanyaki!
It was my choice, and I had a lot of fun.
I wanted to pick a place that you can't really take a kid,
and I'm glad Luke wasn't there because
I'm pretty sure he would not have appreciated the "fire" show!
It was a nice distraction from our very very busy boy.

After dinner, we went to play some pool.
I started to worry about Luke, so I made us go home a little earlier than planned.
We played 3 games of pool.
Gilbert won all 3 of course,
but I gave him a run for his money,
which he was surprised at.
It came down to the last ball every game.

When we got home, Luke seemed to be in good spirits.
We asked him if he missed us, and he just laughed.
Then I felt guilt after we got home for leaving him.

It wasn't an hour later that he started throwing up for the night!
Then I started feeling even more guilty.
It has been over a year since we last got a baby sitter,
and now, I'm not sure when the next time will be.
I felt so bad, I let Luke sleep with me all night
and I could tell his tummy was hurting him all night!

I'm sure it was just some stomach bug, but of couse it would happen on the very night I decided to get a sitter, and the same night that I actually enjoyed myself during dinner without him!
I can't believe I am admitting that!
Oh well, I think he will forgive me :)

1 comment:

  1. Do not feel guilty. You wouldn't have gone if you knew he was sick, and everyone needs a break once in a while. You are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete