I decided to throw a birthday bash for Gilbert and Luke since their birthday's are only 20 days apart in October. We went to Idaho, to invite our families. To make this occasion extra special, I rented a Sports Arena Bounce House!!!
Luke was a little scared at first of this humongous bounce house, in fact Gilbert had to force Luke to go inside. Luke sat there and cried for the first few minutes, but after that we couldn't get him out. He figured out very quickly that this was fun!
Luke also figured out that there were balls inside, and if there is one things Luke loves is BALLS! Especially ones he can shoot to make a basket with!
Luke and all his cousins had lots of fun. We only had the bounce house for 4 hours, but I think it was occupied the entire time. When it was time for the bounce house to leave, Luke was definitely sad!
For lunch we had a classic BBQ, which included hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and chips. It was great because my dad is a great chef!
For dessert, we had a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. We sang Happy Birthday, to the birthday boys, but Luke didn't like it very much. You'll have to refer to the video posts below to watch Luke run away as he was getting sang to.
It was a beautiful day on the first of October. We couldn't have asked for better weather, and especially in Idaho! Clara enjoyed herself, mostly being loved by grandma.
Luke also found the trampoline with his cousins Tessa. If there is one thing Luke loves, that is to jump, so he had his choice of a bounce house or a trampoline. I'm pretty sure we are just going to have to get Luke his own trampoline some day!
The next attraction was a pinata. This was a "kiddie" pinata in which you just pulled the strings. The kids didn't quite figure this one out, but they sure enjoyed the candy and prizes inside after wards.
Luke just kept saying "oh wow!" over and over when all the candy came out!
Clara just enjoyed being outside in the perfect weather.
Luke just chillin, taking a break from all the festivities. This was a long part, it was over 3 hours of fun! This kid needed a break!
The next part of this party included a hay ride out on the farm. I'm pretty sure this was the favorite of Luke's "city" cousins. They don't get the opportunity to see tractors, let alone have their uncle drive them on one!
Gilbert is a farmer in training, I think he secretly enjoys driving this tractor!
During our hay ride, we stopped to pick up some of the extra potatoes in the field. I think everyone really enjoyed being able to pick potatoes from the actual farm!
In the end, it was a great party! I hope everyone had fun, and we were so grateful to celebrate with our families!
No comments:
Post a Comment