Saturday, October 8, 2011

Work-IT!

Sure, he looks all cute and innocent, but he's not!  Luke has figured out how to "work-it" lately.
One thing kids always avoid, or maybe just my kid, is bed time!  Luke has figured out that we are desperate for him to eat, and eat anything!  We will do anything for him to take just a few bites.  Luke knows this is our weakness and uses it to his advantage.  A few weeks ago, I noticed Luke started asking for apples or drinks right before nap or bed time.  At first, I totally obliged!  If he asked for food, that was a major accomplishment, so I got him whatever he asked for.  After a few days of this, I realized it was only a ploy to put off bed time.  So I stopped obliging, and he was going straight to bed.  Then one night, Gilbert was putting him to bed.  I heard Luke ask for apples.  Gilbert, took the same course of action as I did, and was delighted that he was actually asking for food and obliged.  I started laughing to myself.  I knew this ploy of Luke's had now worked on his daddy too. 
Now we have Luke figured out.  So every time we take Luke to bed, he goes through his "list".  This list includes anything that he thinks might make us put his bed time off.  This list usually consists of: apples, drink, stinky, movie, balls etc.  I think its hilarious.  He tries everything he can think of, and it never works, yet he still tries every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment