Monday, October 17, 2011

Luke is turning 2!

 My sweet baby boy turns 2 this Saturday!  I can't believe how fast the past 2 years have gone.  It seems like just yesterday I was up all night with him in his newborn stage, but wait, he's not a newborn anymore, but the up all night part hasn't changed!  Actually, Luke has learned, that is he wants assistance in the middle of the night, it is best not to come to my side of the bed.  He goes straight to daddy!  Mommy is currently busy in the middle of the night!

I used to make fun of the statement, "they grow up so fast," but now I am realizing it is so true!!!  Anytime I get annoyed with anything about Luke, I always stop and tell myself, this won't last.  He goes through stages so fast, so I should just laugh and enjoy the moment!  Even when both of my kids are crying at the same time, I just stop and tell myself that I should enjoy this because maybe, just maybe one day I might miss this.

What a blessing Luke has been to our family.  He has taught us the true meaning of Parenthood!
Parenthood = WORRY = STRESS= at least 10 pounds = lots of new gray hairs!
I think I am the only person who, while trying to fall asleep thinks about all the ways my child could injure himself, or simply kill himself, and then I worry about all the ways I need to protect him from doing so.  Does anyone else do this?  Some nights it takes me a long time to falls asleep!


 Luke has been a ball of energy from the start.  The kid simply never stops!  If there is something for him to run to or from, or jump on, or simply go crazy on, he will do it.  From walking at an early age, he has been on the move.  The other night as I was putting him to sleep, he was mostly asleep, but a slight noise woke him up, he immediately jumped up and started going, even though he was still asleep.  He just never stops!

 Some of my favorite things about Luke lately are the fact that he can not ignore a puddle.  He is such a boy.  From the way he walks or struts everywhere he goes.  He walks with such arrogance.  It is hilarious to watch him if he is ever allowed to walk independently in public.  He simply refuses to hold my hand in parking lots or stores, but always reaches out for it when he is falling asleep.  I will gladly hold his hand, and if the only time he is willing to do it, is when he is half asleep, I'll take it!

Luke has taught me many things, and patience is at the top of the list.  I have learned that Luke just doesn't listen.  He is like most 2 year olds, but I think Luke is a little more stubborn than most.  So for that, I am grateful he has taught me patience, and that a lot of things don't matter.  So if he wants to throw a fit, and have everyone stare at me, I really don't care!


 Luke wants to do everything that I do.  We have a morning ritual.  Clara goes down for a nap and we take a bath together every day.  Then we get ready.  I think its hilarious that Luke wants to put on deodorant, and perfume.  He always smells himself after I share my perfume with him.  Yes, I realize he is a boy, but he also just wants to have fun, and he's learning new things everyday, and if nothing else, I am teaching him good hygiene.  Then he always brushes his teeth, with my fancy toothbrush of course, or he wants to comb his hair or even brush his face with my make-up brushes.  It's our time we spend together, and I think he loves it!

Luke could never have been an only child.  He lights up around other children.  When we are at grocery stores and he is sitting in the cart.  If another shopped with children in their cart even comes within eyesight, Luke is always trying to get that child's attention or interact with them.  Luke has never once been jealous or mean to his sister.  He simply loves her.  I love to hear him say, "oh no, the baby!" Every time she cries, he is concerned for her.  He tries to give her binkis, or bring her diapers telling me she is stinky.  He is very aware of her, and simply loves her!

I think Luke is simply the cutest little boy I have ever seen, and not a day goes by that I don't laugh with him.  He is entertaining to say the least.  I love that everyday brings a new adventure.  He is in the stage right now where he picks up on everything.  He is always trying to repeat words or try new things.  He is very observant and tries to be sneaky about things too.  

Luke is more than I could have hoped for, and I am so blessed to have him as my son! 

No comments:

Post a Comment