Luke's latest trick is taking off all his clothes! He thinks its great to run around naked, and don't get me wrong, I like to run around naked too, but its just not appropriate! Luke is such a busy boy. He just never slows down. He is always going going going. He wakes up at the crack of dawn, and refuses to takes naps. Then he tries to stay up way past his bed time. He simply has energy.
I have often been jealous of those who have very visible usable talents. I have often wished I had a fabulous singing voice, or was well spoken. I wished I was more creative and artistic. I think I was absent the day in heaven when we all were receiving our talents. I have recently decided that I do have one talent, that I should be happy about. That is the talent of energy. I am told I was a lot like Luke. I am told that I also woke up too early, went to bed too late and refused naps. Maybe Luke gets that from me, Luke's dad was also a wild child... However, in adulthood it has transformed into usable energy. It is not uncommon for me to wake up in the 4 am hour for the day. I never take naps, and I can generally motivate myself to keep up on projects, hobbies, and housework. This is all because of my energy. I have decided to be grateful for it, and to call it a talent.
So I hope, someday, Luke's energy will turn in to something useful and good! For now, Luke is just simply all over the place, and its a good thing I have said energy to keep up with him. Luke's other latest trick is SASS! Luke knows what I am going to say to him. For instance, if Luke is standing up on the coffee table, he knows I am going to tell him to "get down." All I have to do is look at Luke when he is doing this and he says to me,"get down" with some serious SASS! Where do they learn this?
Energy is definitely a gift! I'm very envious of that one.
ReplyDelete