Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why..

Let's be honest, I keep this blog for myself.  No one looks at it more than I do.  I enjoy taking close up photos of my children, and then looking at them several times a day so that I can smile at that moment I captured.  This post is for Gilbert.  We have all felt under appreciated at times in our lives. I have often thought that Gilbert needs to appreciate me more, for many reasons, including the above photos.  These are things that happen on a daily basis.  Almost every day Gilbert comes home from work, he has a fabulous meal waiting for him when he gets home, and it's always plated up and ready to go, so he can came home and enjoy dinner right away.  When I took these photos, I was feeling under appreciated.  I wanted to prove to Gilbert how lucky he is to have a wife that still cooks!  Cooking is totally going out of style these days, even though I don't agree.  I happen to LOVE to cook.  Someday I will get a photo of the laundry fairy that Gilbert lives with.  Gilbert leaves his dirty clothes on the floor and the laundry fairy comes through, cleans them, and hangs them back up in his closet!

Today I realized, it is not I who is under appreciated, it is Gilbert!
Everyday Gilbert gets up and goes to work, same thing, day in and day out.  He doesn't particularly enjoy going to work, but who does?  I think a lot of people would rather be on vacation their whole lives, but somebody has to make some money around here, and it isn't me.
I appreciate the fact that Gilbert has a reliable good job with good benefits.  I love staying home with his kids and then spending all his money! :)  After spending the last 2 weeks on vacation with Gilbert, today was the first day that is was back to the old routine.  I appreciate routine with small children, it seems to make things easier, but getting up and going back to work after having nearly 2 weeks off isn't a fun routine.  My children are too young to realize what an awesome dad they have for many reasons including this one.  Luke always lights up when Gilbert gets home from work.  So today I just needed to share my appreciation!

3 comments:

  1. I do realize how wonderful it is to have you around, and all the many thing you do for me. Most of all, I appreciate your being such an excellent mother to the two most awesome kids in the world!

    I am truely lucky to have such nice meals, have such a well-kept house, and have the household needs taken care of the way that you do. I don't expect you to do these things, you just do them because that's who you are, and I do appreciate it.

    In the end, I think we all want to be appreciated, and understand that the job we do is vital to our family, no matter what that capacity.

    When I first looked at the dinner photos, I was like "Holy Crap! That's awesome. Then I realized these were the meals I got to enjoy on a regular basis. Even more awesome.

    BTW - I too would like to see what this "laudry fairy" looks like. I think it's been following me around my whole life practically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a laundry fairy at our house too, but she has been sick as of late and you can tell she needs to get back to work!! I agree we all need to give and receive appreciation more! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete