Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Luke!


 Happy Birthday to this sweet little boy- the big 3!
We celebrated in many ways, this kid is simply spoiled.
We took the kids to the zoo on Saturday,
Luke LOVED it, but he would quickly say
"lets see what's next"
Then he was on to the next exhibit.
He wasn't a fan of the polar bears or lions
I think they were a little too scary for him.

 We took the kids on the zoo carousel.
As we were sitting waiting our turn for the ride,
Clara was clapping her hands in excitement.
It was simply the cutest thing ever!
I never thought a 15 month old little girl would get so excited for something like that.
 
 The monkeys and gorillas were great to watch.
Luke wasn't scared of the monkeys,
so we were able to sit and enjoy them for a few minutes.
I guess monkeys aren't very scary.

Luke didn't really understand it was his birthday when we took him to the zoo.
It wasn't until there were presents, balloons, and birthday cake and candles
only then did Luke get excited that is was his birthday.
 

 Luke was a little scared about blowing out birthday candles at first,
then we sang to him, 
and told him to make a wish-
and THEN Luke was all about blowing out his birthday candles.
He clapped for himself, and then asked to do it again!

 Luke quickly opened all his presents,
and Clara was right there with him to play with the new toys.
He got a keyboard, drum, and a doctor set.
I haven't decided if these noisy toys will be a good thing or not.
Clara was super excited about the keyboard!

 
 We took the kids our to dinner for Luke's birthday.
Going out is always a disaster with our kids this age,
but we tried anyway.

 Then we took the kids bowling.
Luke and Clara are officially HUGE fans of bowling.
They couldn't wait for their turn,
Clara especially was so excited to push the ball down.
They both would wait patiently for the ball to make it down the lane,
then slowly knock over some pins.
Luke is blurry in this picture because he is jumping up and down so much.
The energy was so exciting for these kids.

 If you are thinking a 15 month old can't bowl,
you are thinking incorrectly.
Our 15 month old little girl has lots of spunk and personality.
She was not going to be left behind.

 Clara got her pink ball, 
and pushed it down the lane.
She waited and watched carefully
as the ball knocked down the pins.

The bowling alley also had an arcade inside.
I didn't get any pics,
but the kids had a lot of fun.
Kids in an arcade is always a fun combination.

Luke has grown into such a fun personality.  He is full of so much energy.  To this day, it never fails that strangers always comment on the amount of energy Luke exhibits.  Its noticeably more than other little boys or girls his age.  Something funny about Luke, he has a code word.  This word is code for, he's nervous, or simply doesn't know what to say.  If he's ever in a social situation, when maybe he has been asked something that he doesn't now the answer for, he will say this code word.  For some reason his code word is "dinosaurs"  I think its hilarious.  Its just a filler word, that we hear quite often.  It's usually a bunch of jibberish, and then at the end- dinosaurs.  Luke is very social, he always lights up around other kids.  They are instant play mates whether they want to be or not.  He always wants to run around and either chase other kids or have them chase him.  He is sometimes a leader, and sometimes just a follower.  
Sometimes Luke says the funniest things.  I wonder often where he gets certain sayings he says.  I guess he picks them up from other kids or tv shows.   Some of my favorites are "no thanks" or "not today" It's funny some of the things he says, because I know where he get them- from me. Today he said "oh drats" I'm not sure where he learned that one, but it sounds so funny coming from such a little mouth.  
Luke marches every where he goes.  He swings his arms as he marches, like he means business.  He is always testing his limits by doing something he knows he isn't supposed to be doing, but looking at me to see if I'm noticing what he's doing.  He has a smirk that he has on his face when he knows he shouldn't be doing something.  I love that Luke hasn't learned how to lie yet.  You can ask him a question, and he will give you an honest answer. example:
"Luke, did you hit Clara?"
"Yeah, I hit Clara."
He just says it matter-of-factly- like it ain't no thing.  I guess I'll be in trouble when he figures out how to lie, for now I'm grateful to get straight answers out of the kid.  There are many more things I am grateful for.  I'm grateful he still prefers his mommy over his daddy.  I'm grateful he wants me to "hold you" and still cuddle with him.  He likes to sit right next to me on the couch.  I often joke that we just moved into this house that is double the size of our old house, yet the kids have to be in the same two square feet as me.  It doesn't matter that they have so much more room to run around, they still want to be right where I am.  Many more things I am grateful for, but for now, I am just happy my little boy is turning out to be a wonderful little boy- maybe not so little any more.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Shane and I making the same comment when we moved into the bigger house. "We have 2300 sq feet and all 5 of us have to occupy the same 6 sq feet at any given moment."

    Happy Birthday Luke! It's fun to see you growing up.

    ReplyDelete