Monday, October 1, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

 There is NEVER a dull moment with Luke around.
Seriously- I need to figure out whatever gives him so much energy,
so I can bottle it, and make myself a millionaire!

Today I should have known, he was being quiet for WAY too long.
I was enjoying the peaceful morning,
getting some things done.
I was enjoying that I wasn't hearing "mommy, mommy, mommy"
every 3 seconds!

 I finally decided I should go check on Luke.  
It had been too long since he needed my attention.
He was pleasantly pleased with how he was entertaining himself.
He's done this before,
but never with permanent marker.
I guess its about time we got new couches anyway....

I should have been mad, very very mad.
To be honest, I just laughed!
First I laughed at Luke, for how giddy he was.
Second, I laughed at myself- I knew better.
Why didn't I notice he had gotten a permanent marker?

This morning at 12 am, my alarm went off.
I was startled.
I was delirious.
I never use that alarm,
so I wasn't used to the sound.
I couldn't figure out what that noise was, and where it was coming from.
Finally I realized it was the alarm, and shut it off.
Some how Luke managed to turn on my alarm, for 12 am.
How does this kid do it?

The other day Luke walked in to tell me
"oh no, my cars are gone!"
I walked into his room to figure out what he was talking about.
I realized he had thrown every single one of his hot wheels cars
down the air vent in his room.
So now, his cars are stuck some where in the vent.
 This one, I didn't laugh at so much,
I'm not sure if it will do major damage or not.
Like I said, never a dull moment!

2 comments:

  1. I think you seriously have a gift for staying calm in moments that would make my blood boil. I need to take calming lessons from you. :) Funny kid - he looks so cute in his naughtiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of tips: Rubbing Alcohol works really well to get permanent marker out of couch cushions. It's worked for me numerous times!
    #2, get a really powerful magnet, tie it to a string and lower it down into the vent to pull out the cars. They're mostly metal so it should work.

    ReplyDelete