- Luke is OBSESSED with night lights. I have them plugged in all over the house. As soon as he sees one, he goes straight over to it, and pulls it out, and then bangs it against the wall. I have finally just unplugged them all, or moved them to a higher plug-in.
- He loves the stairs, which I'm not so happy about, only because he doesn't know how to go down them yet. We're working on training him to go down the right way, since our house has stairs that are not really baby proofable!
- He is starting to be shy. When I take him to the store, or if strangers, or people he doesn't like give him attention, he has started to turn his head to the side and look down to avoid looking at them.
- He also does that same trick when he doesn't want to eat. I think he thinks if he's not looking at us, then he doesn't have to eat what we are trying to feed him.
- He LOVES cords. If there is a cord, he will find it, pull it, and then shake it.
- He LOVES to stand up. He will find anything to pull himself up on and stand up. He now knows what sit down means because we tell him to "sit down" and then he lets go and falls on his bum and smiles. For some reason I think he will start making a game out of that very soon. I think he will purposefully pull himself up on something he's not supposed to and then sit down just to prove he can do it when he knows he shouldn't.
- He likes being naked, but what baby doesn't? As soon as we get his diaper off for a diaper change he rolls over and is off! He knows for a moment he is free and fights getting a new diaper put on.
- He has learned how to say "mama." He also knows that if he stands up in his crib facing the door and cries mama long enough he will get his mom. I am working on not letting that affect me, but he is one smart kid.
- He always seems to be observing. It always looks like he is watching and thinking. He moves his eyebrows around while doing this, so we often wonder what is going through his mind, but you can see different thoughts going through his mind by the way his eyebrows move around.
- He HATES it when I leave the room. He will happily play in a room if I am there. He can be totally involved in whatever toy he is playing with, but if I leave the room, then he is quickly behind me.
- He can say "mama" and "dada" he understands "sit down" and "come here". He also understands the signs for "all done", "more", "food", and "milk". He will sign back "more" and "milk"
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Luke Lately....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean when you talk about Luke calling "mama". It still hurts me when Isabelle cries or calls for me, even when moments before I was furious with her. I think that's one of the difficulties of motherhood. You have to stand firm sometimes even when they sound sooooo sad. Nathan doesn't seem as affected by it, so I guess it's just a Mom thing.
ReplyDelete