Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pie Contest continued....



To say that I wasn't excited about winning 2nd place in the
Provo city Pie Bake Off would be a lie. We all had to title our pies since it was a blind tasting.
I titled mine "French Apple Pie." I know, it's really original.

When they were announcing the winners, they announced the name of the pie first, before they announced the baker's name. I was standing behind the bleachers, so if I won, I would have had a long way to run to make it up to the stage. As soon as I heard her say "French" I started screaming and running to the stage, not waiting for her to say my name.

I was screaming the whole way up to the stage, to make sure they knew the winner was coming. I guess she was laughing at me in the microphone for everyone to hear. When I got up there, what everyone else didn't see, was a group of people from my ward giving me some "spirit fingers" so I kindly gave them so spirit fingers back. Since the crowd couldn't see that I was reciprocating the excitement from my fan club from the ward,
it just looked like I was WAY too overly excited to be taking (only) second place.
I think that's why everyone was really laughing at me :)

There were 3 judges. The Provo Mayor, Miss Provo, and a local restaurant owner and chef. My pie is the one in the bottom left corner with the pecans on top, it looks like the mayor is pointing at it. Can you tell I am super excited about doing this, and I'm already making plans for next years contest! There was some basic criteria. You can tell that they are really analyzing everything in these photos, which makes me wonder, why they really chose my pie?






No comments:

Post a Comment