Monday, July 12, 2010

Poor Little Luke....


Here we are, in the hospital again, with our little Luke. He just can't seem to catch a break. It all started last Friday. He was acting funny on Thursday and seemed really cranky. Then on Friday we noticed he had a fever. We took his temperature through the weekend, and on Sunday it continued to climb to 102. So we took Luke into the urgent care, and they took x-rays and thought he had pneumonia. Luke refused to eat anything the rest of the day and became lethargic and had diarrhea. We ended up getting admitted to the hospital for surveillance and dehydration. Luke still refuses to eat anything. Within an 8 hour period he almost lost an entire pound. He's had such a hard time gaining weight anyway, so this little kid doesn't have a pound to lose. So we are still here, we're not going home until his fever subsides and until he eats something on his own. It's so hard to see a child in this state, let alone your own child. His cry is so pathetic, and his eyes are screaming pain and uncomfortableness. He didn't even care that he was getting an IV, he was so dehydrated. We just hope that our little Luke can get better soon.

3 comments:

  1. that is so sad!:( it makes me hurt to see kids so sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry you are back at the hospital. What a nightmare. I hated being there when my babies were sick...nothing worse. I'll have Luke in my prayers today.

    It was fun seeing your other updates. I'm proud of you and your 10K and the 4th in Idaho looks so fun. I missed the I.F. parade this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Luke gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete