Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pies

Back in April my grandma came into town for a few weeks and I asked her for private lessons.
Ever since then, I have been practicing making pies, since it truly is an art.
I had never made a pie before, so I wanted to learn from the best!


I found out about a pie contest for Provo City for Pioneer Day.
My neighbor and I decided to try it out together.
We researched hundreds of different tips so that we could make the best pies ever!
I practiced crusts at least 10 times, and the above picture is the one I submitted for the contest.


I used my grandmas French Apple Pie recipe and first you fill it with the apples.
Then you put a brown sugar, butter, flour topping and bake for an hour.


I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished pie! What was I thinking?

In the end, I took 2nd place! I was proud of winning, and I'm pretty sure I was the youngest contender. It was such a fun experience. Yay!!!

1 comment: